Tips to Ensure that a BP Reading is Correct
How often do you monitor your blood pressure (BP) reading? As a team of Health Care Professionals in Texas, we advise that you make this a regular habit especially as you grow older. Heart diseases can be common as a person gets older. When you are aware of your BP, you can be prepared for any heart-related complications.
It is now possible to take your BP readings by yourself. Nowadays, there are many available BP devices that you can use for self-administration. Yet, you need to ensure that you have read the accurate measurement. To help you make an accurate reading, here are tips you need to consider:
- Be still for about five minutes before taking your blood pressure reading.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated drinks or smoking especially 30 minutes before you read your BP. These items can trigger a spike in your BP reading.
- Ensure that you are seated comfortably when you take your BP level.
- Ensure that the arm you’re using is supported comfortably and at a level just above your heart.
- Make sure that the inflatable cuff covers most of your arm.
- Put the BP reading device on the part of your arm that is bare.
- Avoid talking while the BP test is ongoing.
If you feel less confident about self-administering a BP reading, you can always seek help. Professional providers of Home Health Care Services in Arlington, Texas can visit you at home. We will help you pursue your goal of quality life. With our care services, you can trust that you will be provided with exceptional help, even on simple activities as taking a BP reading.
Here’s one more reminder to keep in mind regarding a BP reading. Ensure that you measure your BP at least twice, but apply a break between these two. When the readings show a difference of at least five points, take the BP for the third time.
At All Care Professional Home Health, Inc., we are your partner in promoting quality health care. Inquire about our Home Health Care in Fort Worth Texas today.