No Wound Too Small: Immediate and Basic Care
It is easy to dismiss the small “stuff,” but we must remember that even the tiniest being can wreak havoc. Bacteria, viruses, and other unwanted particles can infect our bodies in the smallest entry it could find.
If your senior loved one has a wound, no matter how acute or superficial it is, they should receive immediate basic care. Some people appreciate and implement this principle. However, others cannot do so because of different reasons. Regardless, having a reliable caregiver at home ensures your loved one’s needs are addressed on the spot, including providing wound care as follows.
- Provide and apply pressure to stop further bleeding.
- Once bleeding has stopped, use a mild soap to clean the wound and surrounding areas.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the wound.
- Protect the wound and cover it with a sterile bandage.
- Check the recovery of the wound and regularly change the wound dressing.
- Be on the lookout for further infections.
Home Health Care Services are designed to help you in every aspect. We have our empathetic Medical Social Worker to support and assist you in challenging situations.
We also provide high-standard Therapy Services in Texas.
Connect with your trusted Health Care Agency in Arlington Texas, today. Connect with All Care Professional Home Health, Inc.!