Essential Vitamins for the Elderly
As we grow older, our body slows down. Different faculties which used to work optimally and, at their maximum, start degenerating. Thus, we must put effort into providing ourselves Personal Care. This includes providing enough necessary vitamins for our body to function seamlessly and continuously.
What vitamins does a provider of Home Health Care Services recommend an elderly individual to take? Here are some of them:
- Calcium helps the bone retain its strength. One can get calcium from milk and soybeans.
- Vitamin A helps with our vision. Foods rich in vitamin A are eggs, carrots, and mangoes.
- Vitamin B12 for healthy nerves. Meat, fish, and poultry are some food sources that can provide this vitamin.
- Vitamin C for your immunity and your body’s repair. Citrusy fruits like oranges, lemons, and limes are the best source of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb and retain calcium and phosphorous. Elderly individuals can get their Vitamin D through fatty fish and fish liver oil.
If the elderly cannot consume the vitamins from their foods, they can intake them through dietary supplements. With those vitamins, sessions on different Therapy Services in Texas will be able to help the body heal and recover from injuries, diseases, and other conditions will be easier.
Here at All Care Professional Home Health, Inc., our Skilled Nursing service ensures that our clients take their medications and vitamins appropriately. We want our clients to experience improved quality of life, whatever their condition be, with our professional service.
Visit our Health Care Agency in Arlington Texas today.